Arran Street East set up its pottery in 2015 and is now expanding to make handwoven textiles on our looms in our second building in the markets area of Dublin city. We are recruiting a Production Weaver who will make textiles to Arran Street East designs. This position will suit a collaborative person who loves to be part of a busy creative team, and who is experienced in production weaving to a high standard.
Based in our Craft and Design Studio the Production Weaver will be responsible for producing a high-quality range of woven textiles, to Arran Street East design, running the hand looms efficiently and reporting to the Arran Street East Managing Director.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Translating pattern designs into woven textiles
- Warping the looms and weaving as per Arran Street East designs
- Using the looms efficiently, ensuring they are operational and troubleshooting and fixing the looms
- Knowledge of yarn quality and parameters
- Knowledge of the safety points for looms and equipment used
- Knowledge of reading and adjusting patterns and designs
- Knowledge of finishing the end product on a sewing machine
- Organised, detail and process oriented
- Passionate, artistic, creative, collaborative
- Hard working
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by end of January 2022.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!